Father’s day is coming up! I am trying to think of ways to make Dad’s day special but it is difficult when you have church, meals, snacks, and naps to schedule around. It is unclear what we will be doing on Father’s Day yet, but I have some simple ideas that I thought I would pass along to you. I hope they will give you some ideas to make your Father’s Day special too.
1) Go for a walk somewhere new. It doesn’t have to be far or complicated. Going somewhere new to just see what is there always makes a day special.
2) Prepare his favorite meal or dessert. I will be making my husband’s favorite dessert recipe, Swedish brownies, this weekend.
3) Have a picnic in a park or in your yard. Like I said, it doesn’t have to be complicated, but having a picnic is fun for the kids and parents alike.
4) Take him out to breakfast or cook a breakfast at home. We don’t go out to eat very often to save money. Breakfast is a good option to take the whole family because it is the least expensive meal of the day to go out.
5) Buy a unique gift. I bought my husband The Beard Bib. (Bonus for me: I will love not cleaning up beard hair anymore!)
6) Have the kids make something homemade. Making a card or taking a special picture for dad to put on his desk at work is an easy way to make him feel special.
7) Make a memory. The most important thing to do on Father’s Day is to make something memorable. Tell dad how much you love him and appreciate him, and enjoy your day!
How are you going to celebrate Father’s Day?