It is great for toddlers and newborns alike.
1) You are able to carry children for long time without hurting your back at all. I have worn my child all day walking around the streets of San Francisco before. Miles and miles of walking, and no pain.
2) It is versatile. You are able to carry in the front, back, and side for children up to 45 pounds.
3) Babies sleep! I can get my baby to nap pretty much anywhere with this. It is comfortable for both them and you.
4) No hip concerns for baby. It is one of the few baby carriers out there that does not strain baby’s hips when being carried.
5) It is comfortable for toddlers too. My almost three year old boy loves piggy back rides in this, and it is so much more comfortable than carrying a heavy child without a carrier.
My husband does not find this carrier as comfortable as I do. He prefers a backpack style carrier, but he this is his favorite soft carrier we own. (We have a Kelty front carrier, a Moby wrap, and an Ergo.)
This carrier is a bit pricey compared to other ones out there, but it is worth every cent, in my opinion. If mine ever broke (which it hasn’t with a ton of wear over two kids and two years), I would buy another without question. I bought my first Ergo from Amazon (Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier) and I recently got another beautiful one from Zulily for half-price (Ergobaby Designer Collection Baby Carrier, Blue Lotus).
There are companies that will rent them to try before buying, if you are concerned about making the purchase and then not liking it. But I challenge you to find a more comfortable baby carrier…I don’t believe there is one.